4 thoughts on “Detection of Product PeopleILM Failed. The Resource Does Not Exist”

  1. I wonder why Microsoft doesn’t test for this stuff? Service accounts running local admin in production is such a bad idea… Would be nice to have some sort of fix-it script that would fix all of these obvious security permissions issues.

  2. Brilliant – thank you.
    I think this was all working but i used the content db domain account for the ups.
    when sharepoint suggested it shouldn’t be a local admin i removed it
    didn’t notice it all fail after that and didn’t connect the two events.
    cheers!

  3. Thank you soooo much! I couldn’t understand why it was working just fine for a few days and then the user profiler synch stopped and would not start – when trying to start it, it would try starting and would stop again and these errors were the only comments in the log. Once I gave rights to that directory, it started up with no issues.

Leave a Reply