1957 Chevy Belle Air

This has been a long running project that has gone on through various starts and stops. Marriage and kids will take up your time. However, I still keep this around because once in a blue moon, I get inspired to break out the tools, run down to the junk yard, and find some parts to finish up this project car.

First Day Home

clip_image001[4]clip_image002[4]clip_image003[4]clip_image004[4]

Wasn’t very pretty, but at least she ran. SB 350 and a generator that didn’t work – which meant I was charging the battery every 50 miles or so to keep the spark going, but at last we made it home.

Lots of Rust

clip_image005[4]

Once the paneling was removed – ouch. Rust and Bondo everywhere…

clip_image006[4]clip_image007[4]

clip_image008[4]clip_image009[4]

The interior wasn’t too much better as we pulled up the carpeting.

clip_image010[4]

clip_image011[4]clip_image012[4]

And of course the engine bay has seen better days…

clip_image013[4]clip_image014[4]

clip_image015[4]clip_image016[4]

Today

The car has be completely "de-rusted", with new panels replacing the rotted out rust! The engine has been overhauled and rebuilt along with the transmission. The car has been painted a midnight blue, and I’m working on getting the front end alignment resolved (I put in drop spindles to lower the front end 2 inches, which screwed up the geometry on the tie-rods).

clip_image017[4]clip_image018[4]

clip_image019[4]clip_image020[4]

Leave a Reply