The Microsoft SharePoint product group released the February 2012 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Be aware that the February Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010 is a Post-SP1 hotfix. That means that you should ensure that SP1 is installed before the February CU.
The KB articles for February CU can be found at the following locations (they should be available in a couple of days):
- KB 2597132 – SharePoint Foundation 2010
- KB 2597150 – SharePoint Server 2010
- KB 2597152 – SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server
As you see there is a separate Full Server Package for SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server which simplifies patching of this common installation.
The Full Server Packages for February 2012 CU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 February 2012 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 February 2012 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server February 2012 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU. And the SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server CU contains Project Server CU, SharePoint Server CU and SharePoint Foundation CU.
That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Related Update Centers:
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Updates for Project Server 2010
- Updates for Enterprise Search Products
EDIT: I have now applied the Feb 2012 CU to our Development and QA environments. I am happy to report at this time that we haven’t experienced any “Unintended Consequences” aka bugs with the new CU as of this post and will be scheduling the production patch for the weekend!